Just a reminder that all T-shirt pictures need to be sent in by this week so we cn have before/after shots. You can e-mail these to healthier@chemdry.com
Wow taking pictures was a real eye opener for me. I seem to have been looking through rose colored glasses when ever I saw myself. I had no idea that I was that overweight. I can't imagine what I looked like 60 pounds ago. That would have been my highest ever. I am glad to have done this though. Really made me see myself. I didn't look bad in the shirt, but I also took shots in a bathing suit. gives a more honest before picture. I think I would have died but I know that this is only where I am not where I am going to be.
It is difficult. The camera doesn't lie but I like what you said about the picture not representing where we are going to be. I think just for my own info I am going to take pictures once a month so I can actually see the progress I am making. Especially when I notice a difference in my clothes but the scale starts to slow down.
Ohhh thats a good idea. I think I will do that as well. I know when I don't see someone for a while that they will say how I look better, thinner, but since I see myself everyday I don't see it very often. I get hard on myself when i don't feel like what I am doing is working. Its funny I always figured that as somone who was very over weight it would be easier to loose then say someone who was only a little over weight, but I am not finding that to be true. like you said the camera will show the progress even if I don't feel it or like you said the scale doesn't reflect the muscle tone that has gone on.
3 comments:
Wow taking pictures was a real eye opener for me. I seem to have been looking through rose colored glasses when ever I saw myself. I had no idea that I was that overweight. I can't imagine what I looked like 60 pounds ago. That would have been my highest ever. I am glad to have done this though. Really made me see myself. I didn't look bad in the shirt, but I also took shots in a bathing suit. gives a more honest before picture. I think I would have died but I know that this is only where I am not where I am going to be.
It is difficult. The camera doesn't lie but I like what you said about the picture not representing where we are going to be. I think just for my own info I am going to take pictures once a month so I can actually see the progress I am making. Especially when I notice a difference in my clothes but the scale starts to slow down.
Ohhh thats a good idea. I think I will do that as well. I know when I don't see someone for a while that they will say how I look better, thinner, but since I see myself everyday I don't see it very often. I get hard on myself when i don't feel like what I am doing is working. Its funny I always figured that as somone who was very over weight it would be easier to loose then say someone who was only a little over weight, but I am not finding that to be true. like you said the camera will show the progress even if I don't feel it or like you said the scale doesn't reflect the muscle tone that has gone on.
Post a Comment