Friday, May 16, 2008

Have the itch to snack?


Snacking isn't neccessarily a bad thing, but it can be if you let it get out of control. If you are like me I always crave something sweet before I go to bed and find comfort indulging in a bowl of ice cream with a warm and gooey brownie. But as many say-character is usually defined during the hard moments in life not the easy ones. Avoiding sweets and fatty snacks is usually a hard thing for most normal people. I find if I am keeping busy then I tend to snack less and not be obsessed with these over the top calories. The time you are eating can also affect your weight-it can affect your metabolism and the way your body digests foods.

As for Kathryn and Vanessa-pretzels are their new alternative!

3 comments:

Gwendolyn said...

http://www.womentowomen.com/adrenalfatigue/adrenalglandnutrition.aspx

The above website is awesome. The article, "Eating to support your adrenal glands" by Marcelle Pick, OB/GYN NP, talks about fatigue and snacking and how and when you snack can help to keep you going throughout the day and help with losing weight plus a whole lot more. The hardest time of day for me is 3pm. All of a sudden I could eat an entire buffet and I am ready for a "long winter's nap". The last few days I have been super diligent on drinking a lot more water and eating smaller portions, more often. The website above is a great source for women. It is specifically designed to support issues that we must deal with. I have learned a lot from their site and highly recommend it to all my friends. If you have problems finding it please let me know. To all you beautiful people - have an awesome day!

Gwendolyn said...

Sorry, for some reason the web address is not wrapping around. I have typed it in again below:

http://www.womentowomen.com/
adrenalfatigue/adrenalglandnutrition.
aspx

If you have problems accessing the article I can email it to, just let me know.

Elizabeth Jamison said...

Thanks for the site. Lots and lots of good information here, I haven't had time to read it all but I definatly will go back and look over some of it. looks like it might have some answers to nutritional questions that I have had. things like to protien or not to protien? what vitamins are best? Thanks for sharing. Hope you are doing well in the loosing department.