Say good-bye to ice cream, soda pop, greasy burgers, and beer! Today the official Biggest Loser Contest begins. Everyone will need to e-mail or call me with your starting weigh-ins before 5 PM PST. (only exception being Brendan Wilson and Alice Payne in Australia...since their in a completely different time zone)
If you haven't had a chance to map out a game plan, I would recommend doing so this week. Where the competition will go for 9 months it will take endurance and a health plan that won't burn you out right away.
Track your calories on www.dailyplate.com or any other way you feel fit.
It is important to drink water and to eat enough calories so when you exercise you burn fat.
The sky is the limit-this contest is being put on in hopes that each of us will live healthier and lose some weight in the process.
Best of luck and may the best man/woman win!!!
Sunday, May 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Hello everybody!
Well, we're off and running (and jumping and swimming and sweating and huffing and puffing) and losing a whole lot.
The only thing I regret is that I started my diet last November before I knew there was going to be a contest and now I can't get credit for losing all that weight so far.
But it's OK, because that just means I've hit the ground running (and jumping and swimming and huffing and puffing) and losing some more!
I am so excited about this contest and I know we are all going to be winners in the end!
Elizabeth-way to be brave and start off the conversations! I appreciate it. I may have to set up a blog 101 for people that have never blogged so they can comment as well! Hooray for competition day! Chels
This is scary...
Okay, believe it or not but this is my first "blog" ever... How many of you are excited about this? I am mixed. I have never tried losing weight with anybody else. I definitely feel greater accountability knowing that everyone else knows that I have committed to this. I am definitely more aware of what I am doing or not doing or should be. I just want to wish everyone good luck and hope to see a lot less of everyone in 9 months!!
My Wife and I are very excited too. Since October we have lost 100lbs together. We fell off the wagon in March but were looking for a new motivation when Gary Stringer Approached us about this contest. We have renewed our abitions and are ready to kick some butt! GO TEAM STRINGERS!
Well, it's been a week, and no weight changes here. However, the eating choices are changing,(saying no is hard!) and commiting to the workout everyday is inconvenient!haha. Hope everyone had a blessed & low cal mother's day!
Way to go Lisa. I one time heard that if you say no to a certain type of food 11 times. That it becomes a habit to avoid it. Probably just a myth but maybe I'll give it a try. Happy Mother's Day to you too!
It has been a slow start for me. I am definitely more aware of what I am eating and doing and finding new ways to move i.e. park far away from the entrance of a store, playing sports outside with my kids more, that has been a really great benefit from all of this. My greatest struggle is eating late at night and not drinking enough water. In the past when I drink enough water I find it easier to drop excess weight.
Post a Comment