Monday, January 19, 2009

Last Chance Workout

Alright everyone! This is a shout out for the last month (2 weeks to go and then we are finished)
I can't believe how fast the time has gone by! I know each of you can do it and obtain the results you desire. Keep up the hardwork!

January Results and overall percentages will be posted today! As a note for the LAST WEIGH_IN on Feb 2nd. In order to be eligible for a prize I will need the following:

1. You before picture in BLC T-shirt (which the majority have already sent)
2. Final weigh-in
3. PICTURE OF THE NEW YOU IN A MODEST OUTFIT SO WE CAN SEE THE RESULTS. YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO HOLD A NEWSPAPER WITH THE FEB.1-2 date. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A DIGITAL CAMERA SO YOU DON'T LOSE DUE TO A TECHNICAL ERROR! :(

Best of luck and may the best Men and Women WIN! :)

7 comments:

Elizabeth Jamison said...

I vote we extend it.. we started in march right so we should run till march... all in favor of taking this longer raise your hand. now where did i put those extra hands... oh yes they went the way of my extra chins i lost them!!! yeah... but not enough i fear.. well time will tell :)
Elizabeth.

P.S. the contest might end but my weight loss has only just begun :)!!!!

Elizabeth Jamison said...

How about everyone else?? how did you do with your personal goals?? did anyone learn any new tricks or helpfull hints for dieters?? did something work for you?? I feel only excersise is working... I did get for christmas though the chicken soup for the dieters soul book.. its full of inspirational stories and some really good sounding recipies :)

Elizabeth Jamison said...

Actualy it was may we started.. all the more reason to continue. well i am just so glad for the contest... for the love and support of my excellent boss. and for the weight i have lost and will continue to loose :)

Sanders said...

Way to go! They may end up doing a 2nd contest so I will keep you posted! :)

Elizabeth Jamison said...

Wow now that would be fantastic... a second run at this... I am really once again focused.. but well that could change if my life gets hectic again, but one thing i have learned through this is that I don't have to die dieting.. I mean if i have a bad day or heck even a bad week as long as i don't use that as an excuse i can still pick up and move forward.. not all is lost.. that has been a really hard lesson to learn..somketimes i still forget but win or loose i have made progress and that is what being healthy is all about:)

Gwendolyn said...

I like the idea of extending it to a full year. I feel just like you, Elizabeth, that I have just begun to change. Something I would like to share with everyone is a book I found just recently. It is called "Feeling Fat, Fuzzy or Frazzled?" by Richard Shames MD and Karilee Shames PhD, RN. This book is the real reason I have made such great strides in my weight loss recently. It is for both men and women and discusses the HUGE impact that three main glands have on our body. The three glands are Thyroid, Adrenal and Reproductive. It is not a "new diet" or exercise program but knowledge and understanding of how our bodies work and why they don't sometimes. The story of how I found this book is I went to the doctor because I was still feeling so tired even though I was eating and exercising. She gave me some articles about adrenal fatigue. I looked online at our library and this book popped up under my search. This book is incredible. It is an easy read and I highly recommend it for everyone. Since I have started balancing these three hormone producing glands I feel 15 years younger. Things are not perfect yet but they are on their way. Check it out at the library or better yet you can buy it online for around $12. It will be the best thing you have ever spent your money on or done for yourself! I don't get anything for promoting it but knowing that this book could help you in some way is all I want! (If you do get the book please let me know what you think snwbrdr62@gmail.com)

Have a great day! Gwendolyn

Elizabeth Jamison said...

Thank you for sharing Gwendolyn. I will look into the book.. i want check it out probably at the library before i buy it... i know that medical things can be the problem for our weight.. i suffered from sleep apnea for years and didn't know.. but once i discovered it explained alot of my physical and emotional and medical problems.. I am leary though on looking for something that isn't there just to find yet another excuse.. oh its medical that is why i can't loose... or oh its genetics and so i am just stuck this way so why bother.... again not saying that this wasn't exactly what you need and glad to hear you are succeeding now.. and i will check out the book..It might help me as well... when i do I will let you know what i think of it. I Do know that "Fat Fuzzy and Frazzeled certainly are adjectives i would use to descibe how i was feeling.. so there must be wisdom in the book for me as well... again thanks for the tip

Elizabeth