Well Summer is almost over-many of you have the kiddos back in school, vacations over, and life is slowing down just a tad. This is a great time to reflect on how your "Summer Slim-Down" program went. What changes are you going to make this last leg if the race? What things will you keep? As we head into the fall some people find it easier to exercise and workout and others due to wearing baggy hoodies and sweaters add pounds that can be easily hidden-find it more difficult. My advice is for everyone to start making a plan now...holidays are around the corner and the more RESULTS you can get prior to the Holiday eating fest-the more discipline you will have.
As a reminder September's weigh-in will be next WEDNESDAY Spet. 3rd due to the Labor Day holiday! :)
Have a safe Labor Day-Make healthy choices and we will circle back next week.
P.S. Has everyone received their Gift Cards from August's Monthly Winners? If not, let me know and I will send ASAP.
Thursday, August 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I can't believe that my kids will be in school tomorrow - yeah. These last two weeks have been really great for me. Now that we are starting to get more of a schedule I have been really successful in getting back on track and dropping the weight again. I am excited for the rest of the year and am excited again about getting healthier for CONVENTION!!! Hawaii is going to be lot more fun in a smaller size!!
For those of you who live in hurricane Gustav & Hannah's way or have family or friends in that area, I hope this post finds you and your family safe. Please know that you are in our thoughts and prayers!
I was very excited about my schedual returning back to normal. I don't have kids returning back to school, but I was returning back to school, which meant my water aerobics would resume again, and it means I have less idle time. My scheudual now is much more consistant. every monday means the same plans, so there is less chaos. What I hadn't counted on was being busy every night of the week. Every night after work I have some activity that keeps me out till 8 or 9 at night. to late to get home and prepare healthy meals, find myself just grabbing something in a drive thru between activities. So not good for me even when I do try to get the better choices. I can't eat before most of my activites which means I am also eating late at night. I know cooler weather will mean i can go back to walking during lunch that excites me. I have also been seriously struggling with portion controll. I have been making salads for lunch, nothing but various vegetables lettuce tomatoes bellpepper, green onions, and a very low call dressing only 10 calories per 2 table spoons (Bernsteins cheese & Garlic Italian)The problem is I think its vegetables so i can eat a huge salad. but I think that is keeping my stomach from shrinking which is then affecting my later portions. Looking forward to cooler weather and walking at lunch. also since i know that the holiday feasting and temptations are not something i usually have to worry to much about, so hopefully can make some good progress then as well.
A trick I learned to scale down meal sizes is to use smaller containers to bring your lunch in or use smaller plates to eat off. Another idea is to spread the eating of a meal over time. Maybe only eating a few bites every 30-60 minutes. You stay full all day long and your metabolism is working all day long, by the time night comes you won't be hit with late night cravings. A friend of mine, who is a personal trainer, told me that if you eat properly during the day then by the time evening arrives you won't feel the need to eat late at night. The first week I did this I was amazed that I wasn't having my usually cravings right before bed. I knew when I had not eaten properly during the day.
With the kids busy in school I have a lot more time to focus on myself and making right decisions. I am definitely starting to have more success and people are starting to notice. That really helps with the motivation. When others start to see results you begin to realize your hard work is paying off. Keep up the great work! Remember you are worth the effort!!!
Knowing that there is someone out there who is showing visible results, something I haven't seen in months is very rewarding for you but it helps me feel inspired as well so thanks. I know if I get back on focus I too can experience the visual weight loss. High five to you Gwendolyn!!
who were the winners for August and September?
Thanks Chelsey for all you do. I am sure this can be time consuming. Yes I receive my item - thanks!
Post a Comment